In our twenties, we are always trying to work our 9 to 5 jobs, having a side hustle, enjoying our hobbies, and trying to do even more with our lives. We are the "always busy" generation! Trying to have a good education and strong careers, and we are in a deep need for a work-life balance. And this leaves us with a 24/7 working brain, which causes more frequent burn outs.
Hello Millennials! The generation who seeks the best! The generation who tries to have the best of all worlds. Assuming to do the balance between work and life, however most of the time we are losing the path between everything that we want to achieve.
When I was younger, I believed that working more equals to being more successful. This turned out to become a myth! The truth is working smarter equals being more successful. Which is not the case forever! We are the millennials who are in a hurry, trying to buy our coffee on the way to our jobs. Trying to reach the office on time and focus to accomplish everything on the to-do list.
Below I have compiled a list of advices to keep in mind while in the office.
1. To be both confident and straightforward.
2. While working on your desk, always sit up in a power pose.
3. Drink a lot of water and stay hydrated.
4. No matter how tough things looks like, it will get come to an end.
5. Limit you Instagram/Facebook scrolling time in work.
6. Start saving early enough.
7. Take a moment to relax when things don't go as planned.
8. Know your weaknesses and act accordingly.
9. Set your credit cards to 100% payback.
10. Believe that you can excel in your career and create your family at the same time.
11. Wear comfortable but chic clothes.
12. Keep learning and chase any opportunity to learn more.
13. Ask for what you want.
14. Practice when to say YES and when to say NO.
15. Prioritize because the working hours are limited.
16. When you are on a vacation, make it real.
17. Work with the "20 minutes" rule, set your timer for 20 minutes and focus on one task then go for a break.
18. Create an energizing "morning" routine.
19. Create a relaxing "night" routine.
20. Keep your 8 hours sleep untouchable.
Start by introducing one advice at a time to your routine!